Friday, May 30, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday...On Friday Morning

1.  After my birthday it hit me hard that few of my clothes fit well and that it was only about 6 weeks until swimsuit season.  On a random Tuesday I went, joined a gym, and for 6 weeks now I have worked out almost every weekday morning at 5am! I've lost around 10 pounds and have modified my diet. I feel much better, less stress, and my clothes fit! 

2.  For the past year I've been planning Nicholas' fourth birthday. It would be an adorable Captain America/4th of July theme and I had so many cute ideas...until he discovered Star Wars. Now I am working on a theme I know very little about and mourning the fact that the day came where I no longer got to chose his party theme! Here is a sample of what I am working on now. Lots of stars, silver, and blue.

3.  I am starting a list of books for pool and beach reading this Summer, but I'm at a loss. I love chicklit and light, fun reads. My brain works so hard during the day I don't want a deep book at night.  Any suggestions?

4.  I am now closer to 35 than to 30 (ahhhhhh!) and I see a lot of people come through my office with skin cancer. It's enough to scare you to death!  I spent my teens and twenties baking in the sun...as in I had a tanning gel with glitter in it to "enhance your tan". It's funny how things change, because now I use 50 SPF. 

5.  I'm starting to make a decision regarding kindergarten. Nicholas is very smart and excels in preschool, however with a July birthday I am so torn over two years of PK4 starting kindergarten at 6, or going ahead and starting kidergarten at 5. This is actually super stressing me because I'm afraid of making the wrong decision either way. 

6.  We are heading to Destin in a few weeks and we are getting so excited! I have been going to Destin since I was 9 years old and it is one of my favorite places in the world (along with Disney and the Caribbean). We have some fun surprises lined up for Nicholas including a ride on the pirate ship! I am in desperate need for a vacation and am counting the days!