Tuesday, June 10, 2014

The Struggle Is Real

The last couple of months have been so busy and I feel so behind on here.  I have so many posts that go through my mind several times a week, but there is just never enough time to get it typed out.  Work has been crazy, Nicholas was in baseball and it seems like I'm always chasing myself; struggling to keep the house clean and picked up, meal planning is lacking, and Lord knows by the time I workout at 5am, rush home, shower and get ready, work a 9-10 hour day, cook dinner, get Nicholas to bed around 9:00, my brain is TIRED!

It has been almost 4 years since I officially became a "work outside the home mom" and it took a long time for me to feel comfortable in that role.  I am finally in a place that I am happy with our life.  For the first two years or so I felt like I was the most unorganized, crazy person on the planet.  I had no clue how those with multiple children survived, I was barely getting by with 1!  The last year it has all kind of fallen into place.  I feel like we are in a great rhythm at home, I love my work, Michael loves his job, and we are just in a good place in life for the first time in about 6 years.

There are still some things in my life that I just can't figure out how to squeeze in.  I need to pick up and do laundry, meal prep, errands, plus I need a little "me time", and I have a stack of books by my bed I just can't get read after spending all day researching and reading current OSHA literature at work.  It is hard working, being a mommy, and still having time for everything I want to do.  I feel like I live life one crisis away from a meltdown. (Trust me that this is true, it happened last Thursday.)

How do you all keep your life in balance?  I want to hear from women in all stages of life!  New moms, older moms, stay at home moms, work outside the home moms, everyone! Leave a comment on how you survive a busy schedule, if you manage to exercise, read for fun, and still spend time with your family and not feel like you are drowning in life?  I also feel like I say the same things on here over and over, so now I want to hear from you!