Thursday, January 16, 2014

Thoughts For Thursday

1. I am determined to get us back on track of eating what is on our meal plan for the week. During Christmas we did a terrible job of staying on our plan for the week and ended up eating out a lot.  So far this week we have nailed it!

2. I'm trying to decide how I want to decorate my living room with the new couch. Since we have nice new furniture I feel like we need to get a new rug, pillows, and curtains. Since we have the dark floors and bright walls, I'm thinking a fun splash of orange and turquoise would be fun. Has anyone seen any good throw pillows in either of those colors lately? I went to Hobby Lobby Saturday but couldn't find anything. 

3. Does anyone else buy clothes, hang them in their closet, then forget about them? Just me? I know. It's weird. I don't do it often at all, but Tuesday night I was looking for something to wear to work on a day I didn't have to wear scrubs and I was excited to find this sweater dress, I bought last year but never wore! It was a fun surprise!


4.  It is almost consignment season and I am hoping to start going through Nicholas' outgrown spring and summer clothes this weekend. He has grown so much since early Fall that he has had to have a lot of new things for Winter. He is growing up so fast and looks so old in pictures now. :-( Slow down kid! 


5. This week we have found ourselves to be the laziest people on the planet at night after the chores are done and N goes to bed. We've been putting our pjs on and lounging in our recliners by 8:30 every night. Best part about my new couch...my wine glass fits in the cup holder! Haha!

6. Thank you for all the feedback on my working mom series. I'm excited to what a couple of post I'm working on now. I'm hoping to have a post about our daily routine up tomorrow or Saturday. I'm also working on one in regards to balancing being a working mom and a wife. I seem to struggle most on balancing those two roles.