Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Looking Back at 2013

Every year I do a post looking back at the year that was.  Most of the memorable moments after Disney aren't on the blog yet, so this may suffice for that.  :-)  I'm still hopeful I get them blogged soon!  :-)  I made a slideshow with some of my favorite memories for Instagram and FB, but I also had one that was a little longer, so I thought I would share that with you here!



January - celebrated 8 years of marriage by taking a weekend in Gatlinburg (Yes, EIGHT years!) although I got sick halfway through the weekend and ended up with pneumonia by Tuesday.

February - threw a surprise party for my Dad's 60th birthday and the following week Nicholas got to go to the toy store and pick a Jake toy as a reward for throwing away all of his pacis!  It was a busy week!

March - We enjoyed Spring weather and played outside A LOT!

April - Michael and I turned 32 and we celebrated Easter.

May - began Summer a little early with a shrimp boil with friends and a few pool days!

June - Enjoyed the lake and pool!  Michael also took a new job that allowed him to be home more and to have a job he really enjoys.

July - Nicholas turned 3!  How is that possible?!  At work I got a new office...complete with a window!

August - My mom and I threw a bridal shower for my cousin's fiancee Dani.  Football season kicked off and we got started with a 2-0 record!

September - Our most memorable moments for 2013 definitely occurred at Disney! I will never forget that trip and how much fun we had!

October -  October brought some changes for me...and with it, my blog.  I accepted a new position as OSHA officer of my company and with it came a lot more stress and work.  If you notice once that happened on October 2, the blog fell apart! Haha!  My Mom met a HUGE milestone at her job!  She celebrated her 35th anniversary at work, she has been there longer than anyone else!  She was also the 1st female associate and has outlasted everyone else!   My cousin Cameron got married on the 26th and Nicholas was his ring bearer.  This is a family tradition:  my mom was his grandmother's flower girl in 1960, his dad was my mom's junior groomsman, I was his parents junior bridesmaid, and Cameron was a groomsman in my wedding.  We spent Halloween trick or treating with our good friends.

November - My dad's team finished the regular season at 9-1 after a 9-0 start and made it the quarterfinals of the state playoffs.  We also hosted a "big old fashioned family Thanksgiving" for all of our family.

December - Enjoyed every minute we could of our sweet boy's 4th Christmas!