Monday, March 4, 2013

Overdue Brain Dump

It's been awhile since I did a brain dump, so here goes.

1. I'm so ready for Spring. I'm ready for warmer, longer days that allow for us to play outside in the evening, and for grilling out! This weekend is Spring forward and it's supposed to be nice outside, so expect a weekend wrap up with lots of playtime pictures on Sunday!

2. I have been reading Disney planning books lately, but I'm ready to take a break from them for awhile. Any suggestions for a good, easy read?

3. We took Nicholas to a hibachi restaurant a couple of weeks ago and I've decided that is the best "free" entertainment ever! I felt like we almost needed to pay the chef extra for a babysitting fee. This was him as he watched the chef juggle eggs. Ha!

4. Nicholas and I have begun planning his 3rd birthday party! How is that even possible?! He has been telling me some things he wants and doesn't want. We have spent 2 nights looking at Pinterest and getting ideas. His main request...chocolate cupcakes! Apparently that is the number one priority to my almost 3 year old! Probably because he isn't allowed to eat a lot of sweets and he knows parties are the one exception. Haha!

5. I have become hooked on the TV show Scandal! I have actually dreamed about it I've become so obsessed with watching it! Haha! Now my TV watching has grown to include Dallas, Nashville, and Scandal. I can't get enough of any of them. I need them all to be 2 hours each week. One hour isn't getting it for me.

6. I had a couple of people ask me about Nicholas' new car seat. It is a Graco nautilus 3-in-1. It is forward facing only and it has a high back, 5-point restraint until 65 pounds then the back comes off to accommodate him until 100 pounds. I love that it will last him so long...at which time I am hoping they have one to accommodate him forever. :-) I am all about car seats and helmets! My pet peeves are older kids still under the recommended size not in a booster seat and kids without helmets. They may not be "cool", but they can save your child's life!

7. I lived in the sun in my teens and 20s, I am stressed and tired 99% of the time and have developed a serious problem...tired, puffy eyes with nasty dark circles. HELP ME!!!! What is a good anti aging product and what is a good eye concealer?