Wednesday, December 26, 2012

'Twas The Day After Christmas...

'Twas the day after Christmas and we had a lazy day.  Today was the last day Nicholas and I are at home before going back to work and school (for 2 days then another 4 day weekend). It was very cold and windy outside, so we played in our sweatshirts and yoga pants all day. :-)

Nicholas didn't nap yesterday, so he slept from 7:30-9:00 today! Sadly, Michael had to go back to work today. I spent my day playing cars and pirates. I think Nicholas missed his daddy! :-)
We also watched Jake and The Neverland Pirates and The Muppets Treasure Island on DVD.  Have I mentioned lately how obsessed with pirates he is?
Since it was a cold day with snow flurries all afternoon, I made a big pot of beef vegetable soup to eat tonight and for the next couple of days at lunch.  It also made enough to freeze a bag full to heat one night when I don't want to cook and serve with grilled cheese...score for Mommy!  I got my house mostly picked up and ready to return to normal when I take down our decorations this weekend.  It is amazing how much more I get done when I am home all day.  I could get used to this!

It was a good day to just stay home and enjoy a day with my boy!   I'm going to miss him tomorrow, good thing it's only a two day week for us!