Monday, December 31, 2012

2012 Year In Review

January - We celebrated 7 years of marriage on January 8!

Nicholas moved to a big boy twin bed on January 20 and we never looked back! He has slept through the night every night since and only came out on his own TWICE!!!

February - February started off as a hard month. Nana went into the hospital to get her medication regulated and in preparation for moving into an assisted living, which she did on February 10. She had a hard time adjusting, but has done great since the middle of the 1st week!

March - In March we took things much slower and enjoyed not having many plans. Nicholas got his 1st bicycle on March 17! I got a deal of the century at the consignment sale on it and he loved it

April - We had everyone over for Easter and Nana came over for the afternoon.

We celebrated our 31st birthdays on the 10th and 13th.

At the end of the month my dad and Michael spent 17 hours one weekend on Nicholas' early birthday gift...
 

May - In May we started cleaning out Nana's house and preparing for an estate sale. Let me just say, I came by my organized hoarding honestly!

June - Michael and I took a vacation without Nicholas for the 1st time. It was great to be alone, but we couldn't wait to see him. I don't think we will be doing they again anytime soon. It is too hard to be away from him!

We had an estate sale at my Nana's house. The hardest thing I have done in a long time. I had to give myself a pep talk before I could walk in her house that day. It's hard watching your childhood walk out of the door in someone else's hand.

Michael's sister got married the same day as day 2 of the sale. It was a simple, garden wedding and was very pretty.

July - we celebrated our sweet boy's 2nd birthday!!! He loved his Mickey party!

Also, Michael made the decision to close his business. It was a hard decision, but a wonderful opportunity opened and it was the best decision for our family. It was definitely a blessing in disguise at the time.

August - After 12 years of retirement and being out of coaching high school football, my dad returned to his 1st true love...coaching!

September - Michael and I went to Knoxville to see college gameday, which was something I've always wanted to do. I also got to see my high school best friend, Robin. It was such a fun day!
 
 
Nicholas went to his 1st football game and loved watching Pawpaw's team! Between excited to expose him to Pawpaw's love of football, being so happy for my dad, and just the excitement of the game, when they played Boys Of Fall over the speakers during warmup, I MAY have had a tear or two. :-)

October - The busiest month of them all! In one weekend we went to one of dad's games, pumpkin patch, and to see Disney on Ice! He loved every minute of it, but it sure did wear is out!
 
Nicholas carved his 1st pumpkin with Daddy.

We also went to his school carnival and had some friends over for trick or treating!

November - After winning 9 games (7 in a row!) Dad's team went on the road in the playoffs for 2 rounds. They got beat by the #1 team in the state and had nothing to be sad about. They went from 4-6 to 10-2 in one year!!!

We sold Nana's house and closed on November 2. It was a very bittersweet day for us. It was hard, but definitely the best thing.

I got a new car when my old one was going to require a lot of major repairs! My 6 year old Nissan was traded in for a shiny new Explorer and I love it!

We had a busy but fun Thanksgiving and
Nicholas definitely enjoyed himself! :-)

December - we started the month with everyone having the GI bug from hell. It took a week to travel through our house!

Nicholas sang and danced with his class in the school Christmas program.

We rode the Polar Express with Tate and his parents.
 
Nicholas LOVED Christmas!  He loved "Ismas trees", lights, and Christmas songs.
 
Nicholas had an absolute blast at Christmas! I LOVE this age and seeing his sweet face light up over everything about Christmas just warmed our hearts.

We had a very bittersweet, up and down 2012 and we are hoping for a much better 2013!  I am planning to slow down and have a little slower start to the year.  As you can see the last 3-4 months have been a whirl wind and I'm ready to slow down a little.  Happy New Year to all of you from The Ledford Family!