Thursday, September 13, 2012

Thankful Thursday

I am thankful for so many things today!  Last week I listed the things that I am so beyond thankful for, I really just didn't have many words to describe them.  Those are the things that I'm thankful for EVERY WEEK, not just the week I talked about them.  I felt it was important to start with those things and then show you the "little" things I am thankful for on a weekly basis.  So, without further delay, here are this week's Thankful Thursday!

1.  Last Thursday night my Father in Law came to visit for the weekend and he kept Nicholas on Friday.  I am thankful that Nicholas got to spend a day with his Granddad and that he has a grandfather that drove 2 hours to keep him for the day just for the fun of it!  Ok, well, maybe I am a little thankful that Jeff also cleaned my oven, mowed the yard during nap time, and hung shelving in the garage for my seasonal decorations to be accessible to me...just maybe! ;-)  I know they both enjoyed their day and that is what family is all about and I'm excited that my boys got to spend some time with him!

2.  I am thankful for a "modified vacation" that I had a work the past few days as both Dr. Barker and Dr. Smith are out of town.  It is always nice to have a few days get caught up without them in the office or seeing patients.  However, my REAL vacation started yesterday.  I took Wednesday-Sunday off to spend with this little cutie!


3.  There is one thing that keeps me going on a day to day basis and without it, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't make it.  My mom and I got each other a Keurig for Christmas in 2010 and it has been the best investment ever.  I wasted so much coffee in the morning because I only drank one to two cups and now this has made getting out the door so much easier!

(yes, I still drink out of my old ADPi mug. It is just an old favorite)

4.  I am thankful for a child that LOVES to read, like loves it so much that he would rather read or buy a book than a toy!  Last weekend I bought this classic for him and it has been a hit.  

5. I am thankful for a public high school football coach in our area that continues to pray with his team and take them to churches for a pregame meal even if The Freedom From Religion Foundation is threatening him with action.  I think that says a lot about him and his character.  I would be proud for my son to play on his team!  I am also thankful for small, Christian schools that teach God's word on a daily basis, including on the field.  This is the sign my dad's team ran through a couple of weeks ago.  What a great verse for a football game!

That is it for today.  What are you thankful for this Thursday?