Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Thinking About A Big Birthday, I Need Ideas!

Last week on Kelly's Show Us Your Life, she is asking everyone to show their child's birthday parties.  Perfect timing because I am just starting to get things together for Nicholas's first birthday party this summer.  I am doing a safari/giraffe print party.  Nicholas's room is a giraffe/safari theme and I want to echo this for his party.  It will probably be the last year I can get away with doing it my way, without cheesy character themes for a long time.  Here are my ideas and inspirations so far...
  • Giraffe print with lime green and turquoise accents everywhere! 





  • I'm not exactly sure how I'm going to do it, but I'm also going to make a birthday banner using all of Nicholas's monthly pictures.  I'm trying to decide how that is going to look now.
  • Lime green, turquoise, and yellow tubs with ice and different drinks and a drink dispenser on the food table with lemonade. 
  • I'm still deciding about food, so any advice would be great!  It will be a midafternoon party.
  • A bounce house or slide for the older kids since there will be a lot here (we were pretty much the last to have kids thanks to IF)
  • And now for the BIG showpiece...

I have some ideas to make it a little different, but overall this is what you can expect to see at our party in July!

Now, here is what I want from my awesome readers, please comment and tell me any ideas you have to make his party fabulous!!!