Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Snow Day #2

Well, we still have a grand total of 10 inches on the ground, ice packed roads, and no daycare, so we stayed at home for one more day.  My office opened at 10, but only a very few people made it in.  I am hoping I can make it tomorrow and Nicholas' school is going to be open, but only by reservation.  Some of the staff will be spending the night to ensure they can open.  Have I mentioned lately taht WE LOVE HIS SCHOOL!

Anyway, we got up around 8:00 this morning and just enjoyed a nice, warm, cuddly morning. Nicholas took a long nap this afternoon.  I'm sure I've mentioned this before (I forget what I say on here, twitter, and FB), but he doesn NOT nap well, so when he does, it is a huge deal!  While he slept I took a little nap and Michael did this for him...
 When he woke up he was excited to see his new snow friend from the window, so we went outside to see it upclose.
 He just HAD to touch him of course!  Haha!  Don't you love our snowfriend's arms?  Ha!  We didn't have much to use.  I guess you could say we have team spirit!
 Daddy and Nicholas with the snowfriend.

 I put a batch of chili in the crockpot to enjoy tonight and we are going to have a tasty bowl of chili and enjoy one more night off from work.    

Hope everyone has stayed safe.  Pray that this stuff either starts to melt soon or that we do not have significant icing like they think we will tonight.  I REALLY need to make it to the office tomorrow.  We have a delay again and a jean day, so hopefully I can make it in to return some calls and see patients with Dr. Smith.  Michael may or may not be able to get his car out, we'll see closer to morning.