Monday, January 10, 2011

Baby's First Snow Day!

We woke up this morning to this and when I checked my FB, I saw that both my office and Nicholas' school were closed (his school was closed for the first time ever)!





Unfortunately, babies do not get the memo that you are supposed to sleep late on snow days! Ha!  We played this morning in side before venturing out this afternoon.  Our neighbors moved here from Michigan last year and they had an adorable baby sled they let us borrow.  How cute is this?!


 This might just be my new favorite picture!  I LOVE how sweet it is of my two favorite boys.
 At the end of the side street there is a big hill and almost the entire subdivision was out there sledding.  We didn't, but we did stay down there a little while and talk to some neighbors.


Another look at just how much snow we had.  Michael had left his car out last night and had go get in it to get his gloves.

When we got back my sweet cuddly boy and I took almost two hours worth of a nap on the couch.  It was wonderful to just spend some time cuddling.  I put some left over roast and veggies in the crockpot this morning and we had warm, yummy beef vegetable soup tonight. YUM!

We have had virtually no melting and there is some ice and snow still headed our way, so I think we will be doing it all over again tomorrow.  Good thing I went to the store three times this weekend! Haha!