Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Baby It's Cold Outside

It has been COLD here the past few days.  The high today was only 34!!!!  We are used to mid 50s this time of year, so I'm thinking our unusually hot summer has turned into an unusually cold winter.  I've been dressing Nicholas pretty warm for school.  I just had to show you how cute he looked this morning in his monkey sleeper, bib, and hat!  ADORABLE! 
Yesterday when we got home I sat him in his chair and he sat up in the middle of the cushion all by himself, unsupported (at least from the back!).  I was so proud, I ran to get my camera take a picture of course!

 He is growing up so fast, it makes me a little sad.  :-(

I met an amazing little boy this morning that made my day!  Those of you who have followed me for a while know about my friend David's sweet miracle Baby Jake.  He was born with a rare birth defect and has done amazingly well.  On my way into work this morning I was walking through the medical mall and saw this sweet family and got to meet the one and only miracle baby, Jake!  I can't tell you how you how it made my day to meet this precious little guy!  He is just such a wonderful testimony of what God can do. (I stole this picture from his mom's FB, but I just had to show you how adorable he looked too all bundled up this morning! I LOVED his bear suit!  Haha!) 
 A couple of weeks ago I went to a Thirty-One party at my neighbor's house and I got the cutest bag ever.  I saw the sample and HAD.TO.HAVE.IT!  I got it to carry Christmas gifts/food when we go to parties during the holidays, but for right now it is toy storage in the living room.  It is too cute by the tree.
Tonight I went out and finished up Nicholas' Christmas.  He is only getting a couple of things, but I needed to get him a few small things for his stocking (pacis, a Sophie Giraffe, and bath toys). I am almost done with everything else.  The only thing left is a couple of things for Michael's family and my two bosses.  They are probably the two hardest people on my list.  What do you get trauma surgeons who have everything?!  I've had to get pretty creative in the past, but at a loss this year.  Any ideas?  Also, still need to get something for Michael, but not sure what.  What did you get your husband this year?