Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Overwhelmed With Thanksgiving

Every year since I had my mac blog I've written a post on what I am most thankful for. I had such sadness in my heart when I made those posts (even last year because I was still scared something would go wrong between then and July and we were only seven weeks pregnant). This year things are so different.  I am not dreading spending yet another holiday without a baby, but I am blessed to be spending it with my sweet boy!  
This was our family last year.  I just THOUGHT I was thankful then!  I am actually overwhelmed with thankfulness tonight when I remember back to the last few Thanksgivings.  I think there will be a lot of tears of happiness and thankfulness over the next month as we go through our first holiday season as a family.
I am so thankful that God allowed me to have a successful, healthy pregnancy, delivery, and that I was able to be awake for it (for those of you who may not remember, I was supposed to have general anesthesia, but they decided to try a spinal at the last minute). 
  I am so thankful that He gave us a big, healthy, beautiful baby that changed our lives immediately.
 I am thankful for all the sweet moments I've had over the past five months with this sweet baby.  I am so thankful for his happiness, loving smiles, and big laughs.
  I'm thankful for fat little hands and feet to kiss and love on!
 I am thankful for even the moments when we are changing a dirty diaper...
   or getting spit up on.  There were so many times I prayed for that opportunity.  I am blessed to have it.
I am thankful for the days where Nicholas becomes fussy and the incredible non-napping baby.  He is NOT a napper, but that is ok, I am happy to spend that time with him.
I am even thankful when we have moments like this.  I always remember how many times I promised God that I would never complain about 4 am feedings, long nights, or a fussy baby and I have spent many nights in my glider feeding Nicholas and praising God for him.
Tomorrow is a day I've looked forward to for so long.  Our first major holiday as our new little family. I hope you remember what you are most thankful for and give thanks to God tomorrow, and every day. 
For those of you still waiting on your blessing, I am thinking of you and praying for you.  I know how heavy your heart is and how much you long for the chance to spend a holiday with your baby.  I am praying for peace for you over the holiday season and for you to be blessed with a miracle soon.

I will give thanks to the Lord with my whole heart;
I will recount all of your wonderful deeds. Psalm 9:1