Thursday, July 15, 2010

Two Weeks Old

I am so sad, my baby is already two weeks old! Time is flying! Before I know it, it will be time to plan his first birthday (wait, who am I kidding, it is already planned! Ha!).

We went to see the nurse yesterday for a weigh in and you topped the scale at 8 pounds 14 ounces! You are a BIG boy!!!! We go back to see Dr. Spraggins on August 2. I am thinking you'll be close to 10 pounds by then.

You are still sleeping almost four-five hours at a time during the night! YAY!!!!! You pretty much never cry unless you are hungry or need a diaper change. You still do not like being naked, but doing MUCH better about getting a bath.

We've had another busy day! We started the day with Courtney and Lauren coming to bring breakfast and visit for a little while. Spencer was SO glad to see Lauren. She didn't even notice the baby, she was too busy playing with Spencer! Thank you Courtney for everything over the past two weeks!!!!
After they left my mom and I got brave and decided to attempt a trip to the mall. He was doing great until we were there about an hour then it happened...our first diaper blowout in the car seat! We got him cleaned up and the seat to where he could at least sit in it in the middle of Belk. Fun times, let me tell you! Then, I had to run in BRU for a gift and some pumping supplies. By the time we got home we were both EXHAUSTED!

Well, we were home long enough for him to eat a bottle before my Nana, Aunt Kelly, and cousin Katie came by. They stayed for about an hour and visited and held him. Here is a picture of my Nana and Nicholas.
After they left we both just passed out on the couch sitting up! I was so tired! Nicholas makes funny faces all the time, but I can never catch them on camera. Well, here is one. I thought it was funny.
Tonight, Rodney and Sarah came over for hamburgers and now we are all about to get in our pjs and crash before the bedtime bottle. Tomorrow is going to be another day full of visitors. Some of my dad's family is coming up from Atlanta to visit for lunch, so I'm sure I'll be back with pictures then.