Monday, June 21, 2010

Nicholas Has A Birthday!

We had our 37 week appointment today and we now have a set scheduled date for our c-section, Wednesday, July 7!!!! We thought the date 7/7/10 was a cool day to be born! I am so excited, scared, and ready all at the same time. We should be the 6:30 case, so if all goes well, I should be in a room by 9 and have the decision to go home on Friday, but we talked about it today and I really want to stay until Saturday since my insurance will allow me to. I want all the rest and help I can get, especially with the c-section and general anesthesia.

My BP is still staying around 115/90, but he isn't worried since the systolic (top number) has come way down, almost to normal for me. I'm still SUPER swollen all over, but again, as long as my urine stays protein free, we are just accounting that to the 97 degree temperatures outside and being on my feet a lot at work.

EDIT: I just went on FB and saw a status by a friend I used to work with in the hospital and I wanted to share their story with you all. They are currently pregnant with their first child and found out he has a rare brain defect. They could REALLY use your prayers right now. Their blog is http://journey4jake.blogspot.com/.