Do you ever wonder just how much of a coincidence things really are? I have always been a believer that everything happens for a reason. It doesn't matter what it is, good or bad. As I have thought about my clotting disorder and the events that led to it's discovery I realized God has done some AMAZING things in my life over the past ten years that I know have all worked together to get me to the same place. Here is the chain of events:
- Fall 1998 Decided to go to UT Chattanooga instead of going "away" to college
- Fall 1999 Joined Alpha Delta Pi sorority
- Sept 2001 A sorority sister introduced me to Michael and fell in love after our blind date.
- January 2002 Started nursing school with the anticipation of working in labor and delivery for my entire career.
- May 2004 Graduated and began working in the adult CCU at Erlanger Hospital instead of L&D. I cannot imagine how I could have ever delivered babies on a daily basis and dealt with infertility.
- 2005 Got married and began missing Michael during the three days I work nights and he is working days and we never see each other.
- Late 2005 realized I need a day job and preferably a Monday-Friday job, found one working for a trauma surgeon. This becomes a job that I love and I feel so blessed to have it.
- 2007 started TTC, how hard could that be?!
- Fall 2008 After one year of TTC and a miscarriage, no answers from OBGYN, started to get frustrated, a former coworker and the before mentioned trauma surgeon recommend I see a new OBGYN they both think highly of
- Jan 2009 second miscarriage, ready for some answers, NOW!
- March 2009 find out I have a potentially life threatening clotting disorder and I realize that if I had not followed the path I took in my life to get where I am RIGHT NOW, I would not know and could have possibly had a blood clot or worse before finding out. (My previous OBGYN would not test me for this disorder even though I asked TWICE)
God works in some AMAZING and AWESOME ways, doesn't he?! Let this be an example that God puts you in the right place at the right time everytime and everything happens for a reason.