Friday, January 9, 2009

Let the Building Begin!!!!

We got our BIG check in the mail yesterday from Farm Bureau and as soon as we can talk to the mortgage company (who has to oversee since they "own" the home), then we can begin reconstruction!!!! They also sent an itemized list of all repairs and all the rooms will be gutted to the studs and re insulated and sheet rocked. I get all new flooring and light fixtures as well. Basically as of right now, we get all new things except appliances (that can change if we get power back on and they were surged), windows, doors, and plumbing equipment. So, today I get to call the mortgage company for the ok to cash the check and then we will call the builder to meet with him for our final decision on exactly how we want to rebuild.


Thanks for all the anniversary well wishes! We had a great anniversary, but won't actually be going out to celebrate until tomorrow night. Michael has a surprise lined up!!!!

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Can't wait to see what your surprise is!
And I know this has been awful - but you get an even BETTER home than you already had! I hope you love it and it goes quickly!

Meagan said...

I know it's under odd circumstances, but I can't wait to see the rebuild photos! I know it's going to look great!

I LOVE your wedding photos and I can't wait to hear all about the surprise!!

Megan L Hutchings said...

Let the rebuilding/spending begin ;)! I can't wait to see what all you pick out!!!

Please fill us in on the surprise asap!