Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Summertime Favorite Meals

I love to spotlight a fun, tasty summertime food on here, but last year got out of the routine. I had several requests for the recipe of a homemade ice cream I posted over the weekend. This is one of my mom's classic recipes that I grew up with and it is pretty amazing! Enjoy!

Milky Way Ice Cream

Ingredients:
25-30 fun sized Milky Way bars
1 can Pet milk
1 small package of chocolate instant pudding
1 small carton of half and half
4 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
1 1/2cup sugar
Milk

Chop candy bars in food processor and melt over medium heat combined with Pet milk. Allow mixture to cool. Combine pudding, half and half, eggs, sugar, and vanilla and mix well. Once chocolate mixture has cooled, mix with pudding mixture. Pour into ice cream mixer and finish filling mixer with milk. Freeze according to mixer instructions.