Tuesday, December 22, 2015

Christmas Breakfast Casserole



Tis the season for lots of yummy foods!  I always share some of my favorite holiday dishes and I actually had this one sitting in my drafts, so thought I would share with you! 

Last year I tried a new casserole on Christmas morning and it was such a hit, we've had it several times since! 

Traditional Sausage, Egg, and Cheese Breakfast Casserole 
1 roll of crescent rolls
1 lb of hot sausage cooked and crumbled (I prepared mine the day before)
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese 
1 bag of frozen shredded hashbrowns
12 beaten eggs
Salt and Pepper to taste 

Spray a 9x13 baking dish with a cooking spray and roll out crescent rolls. Layer hashbrowns, eggs, and sausage. 
Cook on 400 for 50-60 minutes or until cooked throughout (I tried it at 350, but it took forever!) Cover with cheese and cook until melted. 

Next time Michael wants me to add bacon bits and mushrooms. I can't wait to try it again and play with different ingredients!

Hope you enjoy!