Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Halloween 2014


One of these days I'll have time to get caught up and fill you in on the craziness of the last month, but until then, I wanted to document our fun filled Halloween! 



We started on Thursday night by carving our pumpkin. My wild boy LOVED the "ewey gooey guts"! I'm convinced he wants to be a surgeon! :-) 

This was our final product. They wanted a "creepy" pumpkin and think they got it!
I took the day off from work on Friday to be able to do all of the fun Halloween things I've missed over the years since it is Nicholas' last year at daycare. We started the day with a Halloween treat from Dunkin Donuts! 
I spent the morning with him at school by attending the trunk or treat and going to his party. I had never done a trunk or treat and I didn't even know I had to decorate until a few days before.  (gasp! I know...)
Nicholas loved the decorations in our car and had a great time at his school party!





After school we went by my office, Michael's office, and to see my dad since he had a game that night and was going to miss his costume. When we got home I started decorating for our friends to come over for trick or treating. I recycled the car decorations and made mummy hot dogs and caramel apples for the kids' dinner. (Adults had beef vegetable soup and cornbread)
It rained that afternoon and a cold front moved in and when I say a cold front I mean it was 47, windy, and rainy at trick or treat time! This was the best picture of our crew I managed to get this time. 
We only went to about 15 houses and called it a day. It was too cold and rainy, but the kids still had fun and that's what it's all about anyway! 

Things are slowly calming down for us (until the holidays start).  We've had sick Grandparents, football, busy weekends, and just our day to day lives, but hopefully I can get another post up this week...we'll see!  :-)