Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Summer Recipes...Shrimp Boil

Since I've posted a couple of good ice cream recipes, I thought you might need a good Summer meal to put with that dessert.  This has become our go to meal for having people over during the Summer and it is our favorite!  Enjoy!


3 pounds of shrimp, unpeeled and raw
8 ears of corn, cut in half
15-20 small red potatoes cut in half
2 pounds of Cajun sausage
Any Cajun seasoning of your choice, to taste

Fill a large pot with water and seasoning, bring to a boil.  Once water is at a boil, add potatoes and sausage, cook for 20 minutes.  Add corn and cook for 10 minutes.  Add shrimp and cook for 3-5 minutes.  Drain water, dump on newspaper, and serve with your favorite beer! :-)

 Y'all, I am telling you that this is the BEST thing my husband cooks!  We have had several boils with friends and everyone wants to do it again every time.  It is so good, this is the remnants of what I ate the last time.  Oink!