Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Praying for Will


For where two or three gather in my name, there am I with them.  Matthew 18:20 

For over a year I've been praying for a sweet little boy who has been facing a big challenge.  Will was born in April 2012 with a rare genetic disorder known as CAMT.  His body has been fighting against itself and in order to save his life, he would need a bone marrow transplant shortly after his 1st birthday.  I have gotten to know his mother, Lindsey through blogging and Twitter and I've been praying for their family and for Will since I "met" her shortly before he was born. 

His sister Kate also has this disorder and has completely healed following her own bone marrow transplant in August 2011. She is now a healthy almost 3 year old!  

Several bloggers and twitter friends have joined together today to pray for Will as he undergoes his transplant at 1:00 CDT.  Someone will be praying for him for 15 minutes throughout the day for 24 hours.  I had the privilege of praying for Will at 12:00 noon EDT. I spent time praying specifically for the procedure, the medical professionals caring for Will, my friend Lindsey, her husband Alex, and Kate. I prayed that God would give them the peace and strength to take this journey with Will and of course, I prayed for sweet Will himself.  I prayed for comfort, strength, rest, a safe procedure without complications, and a recovery without any set backs.  I also chose a scripture to pray in Will's name today:

but those who hope in The Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not faint.  Isaiah 40:31

Please join us today and pray for this amazing family.  You can read their story on Lindsey's blog.  http://www.bmtblog.com