Sunday, January 20, 2013

It's Been A Long Couple Of Weeks Wrap Up


First up, thanks for all the good Disney tips!  Keep 'em coming and I'll write more posts on how I'm planning as we go.

Well, Oops!  Has it really been about two weeks since I blogged anything about what is going on?  We have been super busy and both of us have been working late and between that and keeping the house up, I've been wiped out.  Not much time for blogging and our day to day activities haven't really been blog worthy, but rather boring.  This may not be an exciting post, but it is what we've been up to!

Last weekend I spent Saturday running errands and getting things for a party we have coming up.  Sunday we went to eat at a Mexican restaurant and I thought this picture was so cute of me and my sweet boy!
Yesterday I met one of my favorite blogger/twitter ladies for lunch! A few years ago Natalie and I found each other by the fact that we had mutual friends that were friends.  She started reading my blog, I found her blog, and we finally met last year.  She and her daughter were in town this weekend for a cheer competition so we met up for lunch.  Since we were doing lunch, I brought my little sidekick along to meet them!  Leslie and her little girl Molly also came down from Nashville for the day.  It was great to meet them!  We've been Twitter friends for awhile and it is always fun to meet Twitter girls in real life!  We met up at 2:00 at Red Robin and I was a little nervous how Nicholas would do as he had not had a nap in 3 days and got up early, but he did pretty well considering.  I totally had a blogger fail moment and forgot to take any pictures.

On the way home Nicholas fell asleep and I ended up sitting in a parking lot just letting him sleep while I read blogs about Disney.  It was actually nice to just sit without the radio and in the quiet for about an hour!  :-)  I did take this picture of him.  Cracked me up!  He had his blanket from school and just cuddled right up.
I had to stay up until midnight last night to secure a barter shift for the next JBF consignment event.  I always work my inspection shift to allow for more profit on my sales, but I want to shop earlier than that allows me to shop, so I also signed up for a barter this time.  I'm excited about that!  I almost didn't make it because I fell asleep on the couch and woke up at 11:55!  I jumped up and sat at the computer until the shift opened up at that point!  Haha!

Today we've had a lazy day.  We all needed that.  Nicholas has spent a lot of time playing pirates (his new favorite) and worked puzzles.  He is so funny and does a great job with independent play, which I think is a huge benefit of day care.
I worked on a few dinners for this week this afternoon while Nicholas had quiet time (he didn't want a nap apparently, so he just stayed in his room for 2 hours).  It makes me feel so much less stressed if I can have dinner ready when I get home or at least ready to pop into the oven.  I have a late meeting tomorrow and won't get home until close to 6:30, so I went ahead and made carrots and mashed potatoes to heat with a roast in the crockpot.  Tuesday I will have another late day, so it's taco soup in the crockpot.  Finding healthy, quick meals that a two year old will eat is hard, so this definitely makes me feel like I have a sense of being able to keep up at home during the week.  One of these days I will get back to blogging my freezer meals and meal plans, I promise!