Thursday, November 22, 2012

Day of Thankfulness

Since today is Thanksgiving, I wanted to finish my 21 Days of Thankfulness with a post to summarize the things I have been most thankful for this year.  I wish I had done a better job of daily posts, but it is just too hard to find the time.  However, lets just be honest. I completely stink at blogging. I knew not to commit myself to a daily post, but I did give it a good try for the 1st couple of weeks.  :-)

I just want to say that on the day where we are supposed to look at all of our many blessings and give thanks, I feel overwhelmed with how very blessed I am.  God has given me a nice warm home, a good job, a wonderful husband that I love more than anything, a precious child that I never imagined could bring such joy and love into our home, parents that do more for me than I could ever do for them, friends that have been my friends for almost all of my life, and a wonderful extended family.  I am a very lucky girl and I took time this morning while drinking my coffee to say a prayer of thanksgiving for those things.

I found a lot of comfort in this scripture when I was in some pretty dark days following our fire and 2nd miscarriage.  I thought of it this morning and I think it is a great way to end my 21 Days of Thankfulness.

Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus.  1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!