Monday, November 26, 2012

A Few Of My Favorite Things

*This post is not in anyway sponsored or compensated by any of the products mentioned. It is 100% my honest opinion.

It's that time of year again, time to make those Christmas lists and figure out what in this world to buy your friends and family. I always struggle when making my list of what to give those I love, especially my bosses and my parents. I've been wanting to do this list for a couple of years and decided to go ahead and make a list of all the thing I love in an attempt to help those of you struggling to make your gift lists.   Again, this list is purely my opinion and I have in no way been compensated for this review.

1. A bottle of wine, liquor, or coffee.  I tend to not spend a lot of money on my wine and I stick to buying it at my local grocery store. However, I do drink a lot of it, so I have to he cost efficient. :-) My current favorite is the Cupcake brand Cabernet. It is only about $10/bottle and I think it's pretty tasty.
For those that have a Keurig, maybe a box of Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks k-cups. I'm currently drinking DD Peppermint Mocha and it is FABULOUS!  You could always do DD or Starbucks gift cards for teachers and neighbors and even take it an extra step and package them in a cute coffee mug...

2. Tervis, coffee mug, or novelty wine glass or bottle stopper.   In the past 6 months I have found myself using Tervis tumblers for everything (coffee, water, cokes, even beer).   I start out in the morning with coffee, clean it and use it the rest of the day for water.   It is easy to transport to and from my office which is a good little walk.
The past few year my mom has been giving me wine bottle stoppers in my stocking and I've got quite a fun little collection. I love switching them out for the seasons and they are fun to add to a bottle to sit out on my counter.

3. A nice planner. Ok, we all know what a spastic, type A planner I am, but I simply cannot use the calendar function on my iPhone. I HAVE to use a pen and paper (well, either a Pilot G2 pen or Sharpie pen only. Ha!).  Last year I got a great deal on an Erin Condren life planner, but since she isn't going to be running any specials anytime soon, I think this cheap momma is going to be looking elsewhere this year.  I have found some great deals on similar planners on etsy.

4. Pandora charm bracelet. This isn't necessarily a cheap gift, but it is perfect for wives, mothers, adult daughters, and sisters. I had one on my list and my boys surprised me with it a little early. I love that it allows for an easy gift from here on out because the recipient can make a wish list online and it takes a lot of the guesswork out of what to buy next year.  They have a great deal on a bracelet, 2 clips, and a charm in a gift set.

5. Mother's rings and necklaces. The 1st Christmas after Nicholas was born, Michael gave me a necklace with his name and birthstone.
Last year I got a stackable ring with the same plus his date of birth.  I actually wear it daily along with my wedding set.  I get several compliments a week on it!

6. iTunes gift cards.  Any gift cards would make a great gift, but in this day and age, iTunes are awesome!  There is so much you can do with them; songs, movies, apps, etc.

7. Camera lens.  I am in love right now with my additional lens for my camera.  I am still learning and playing with my camera (I've only had it 2 years! Ha!), but I am loving the pictures my f/1.8, 50mm lens takes.  I got this one for Christmas last year and it is fabulous!   I recommend it for anyone looking to take good pictures, but not wanting to pay a fortune for a lens.

8. Britta Beads. We all know that I am obsessed with these beads and I am loving giving them as gifts lately.  I wear my orange and purple beads all the time!  I actually have a couple of more colors on my Christmas list myself. :-)

9. Outlet shopping. Ok, so this isn't actually a gift, but for those of you on a budget and wanting to buy nice things without spending a fortune, I recommend outlet shopping.  I went to a local outlet Thursday night after we finished up Thanksgiving and I bought several good gifts for under $300 (see the next two items).

10. Wristlet to carry instead of a big purse. If you have a Coach outlet nearby check out their wristlets. I was able to get a few for gifts for only $30!  Score for those lucky ladies!!!  (Sorry, no picture!  I don't want to spoil the surprise. :-)

11. Cashmere sweaters and fun scarves.  I not only found outrageous deals at Coach, but found gorgeous cashmere sweaters for $39 at Ann Taylor outlet.  These things are to die for!!!  I actually bought one and my mom bought another to give me at Christmas!  My other obsession this fall has been my ever so fun green sequined scarf.  I got it at NY & Company back in the early Fall to wear to my dad's games and now I wear it all the time.  Pretty sure this combo will be my go to Christmas outfit this year.

12.  Scentsy.  I have been using Scentsy products for about two years and I am hooked.  They are so much better and safer than traditional candles, especially with a nosy, busy toddler in the house.  I love that there is not an open flame and the wax is cool to touch and doesn't burn if you touch it...don't ask how I know! :-)  I have several friends that sell it, so I never run out!

I think that is enough for this year.  Hope I gave you some decent ideas for the ladies on your list.  This was fun for me, so I may be back later with a toddler list and a man list if y'all think you want one, let me know if you would be interested.