Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Trick Or Treat 2012

We just finished up with the most fun Halloween I've had in a looooooong time (probably since I was little).  Nicholas had an absolute blast and did a great job trick or treating with his friends.  We hosted trick or treating again this year for our friends since our neighborhood is one of the busiest in the area on Halloween.  People come to our neighborhood by the truckloads and it is so much fun!  This year the Millers, Castleberrys, and Stephensons joined us for beef veggie soup, cornbread, grilled turkey and cheese, and trick or treating!  It was a lot of kids, but an amazing time!

Ok, so you've seen the pirate costume Nicholas wore to trick or treat at school and to visit with Nana, but here is his "real" costume complete with a prop...
 He is Lightning McQueen's driver!  (yes, I know Lightning didn't have a driver in the movie, but he did tonight)  I decorated his cozy coupe using scrapbook paper and my Cricut and found a Cars crew member costume at Disney Store and voila...you have our costume!
 Here is most of our circus, I mean crew of friends.  We had a 10 month old, 3 two year olds, a 4 year old, and a 6 year old...and yes it was a TON of fun!
 The car only made it to a couple of houses and then he decided it was just more fun to walk...or run...whatever you want to call it.  :-)  He held his pumpkin all by himself until the very last house.  He was such a big boy saying "trick or treat" and "thank you" at every house.
Here is the entire group of kids after they got back from trick or treating.  It sure was fun trying to get them to all look at the camera at one time! Ha!
 My boys and I.  
 It is times like tonight that I am beyond thankful for the blessings God has given me.  Three years ago today I was given the ultimate gift, a positive pregnancy test after a long wait.  I remember that every Halloween and it makes it even more special to make those memories with my precious boy.  I've been blessed with a husband that is a wonderful father, a Mom that came to our house to hand out candy so we could all trick or treat with the kids, and a group of friends that we love and enjoy being with.

Now, for a fun flashback.  Here is my sweet boy throughout the years...
2010 (3 months old)
2011
and this year
Where has the time gone?!  Has it really been 3 years since the day we found out we were having him?!