Monday, October 8, 2012

Fall On The Porch

Over the past couple of weeks I have slowly been decorating our house for Fall.  I finally finished our front porch and I LOVE how it all turned out!

I usually like either yellow or bronze mums, but they were all out of yellow or bronze that had not bloomed, so this year I got red.  I'm excited for them to bloom soon!  We had plans to go to the pumpkin patch yesterday, but rain and 55 degrees for a high didn't sound like ideal take-the-toddler-to-ride-on-hay weather.  :-)  We are trying out a different pumpkin patch this year instead of taking the 2 hour drive to Burt's.  They don't have the BIG pumpkins, but that is ok, they have a lot more activities that Nicholas will love...and that is what is all about now!  I bought a couple of pumpkins at Ingles Saturday and I'll probably get a few small ones when we go to the pumpkin patch.

I don't really do Halloween or Thanksgiving decorations, but I'm starting to get more into Halloween now that I have Nicholas.  Since I've decided to get more into the actual holidays, I decided to add a little to my porch this year.  I found inspiration for this on Pinterest a few months ago and I think he turned out pretty cute.  At first I wasn't happy with him at all, but now that I've added a bowl to his head, I think he looks pretty cute!  Here it all is at night with the lights on.  I am pretty happy with how it all came together and Nicholas is obsessed with the "BIG BIG GHOST"! Haha!

Please continue to keep Julee, Preslee, and their families in your prayers.  I know they need them.