Sunday, October 14, 2012

Disney on Ice...Mickey! Hook! Princesses! Oh My!!!

Today was another one of those days I dreamed about for years and couldn't wait until Nicholas was old enough to enjoy going to Disney on Ice.  I heard it was coming last week and after researching the show it sounded more boyish than some of the others, so we decided to go.  Before the show we went to our favorite local hamburger place, Urban Stack and ate.  I didn't want Nicholas to ruin his Mickey shirt before the show, so he went in a skeleton shirt instead! Ha!

When we got to the arena where Disney was Nicholas was so excited!!!  He couldn't wait to put on his Mickey shirt and go in! Haha!  I spent an unbelievable amount of money for some cotton candy so he could have these ears.  Good thing he loved them! :-)
 Me and my little man before the show!  He was sooooo good and I am so proud of him for behaving so well!
 My heart for all of my life!
We were there about 20 minutes before the show started, but once it did, Nicholas was mesmerized and in a trance!  He got so excited when Mickey came out!
 This show wasn't all about the princesses and that was the only thing I was worried about.  It started with the Incredibles, then a piece of Alice and Wonderland, then a pretty long series of Peter Pan!  Nicholas knows Peter from Jake and The Neverland Pirates and really enjoyed seeing that part.
 Next we saw Lion King, Snow White, Rapunzel, The Little Mermaid, and Aladdin.  He loved the end when Mickey, Minnie, Donald, and Goofy came back out with all of the princesses and princes.  Mickey was right in front of us!


I understand being hesitant if you have a boy to take them to Disney on Ice, but I highly recommend seeing the Treasure Trove show.  I didn't get a girly feel for it at all and as a matter of fact I would almost say it was geared more towards boys with very few princessy themes to it.  Nicholas loved it and that is all that matters to me!