Monday, September 17, 2012

A Manic Monday Where Nothing Goes Your Way

I had not planned to write a post today, just the usual Monday Meal Plan (that auto-posted earlier), but I just had to share my day for my own memory.  This morning was going great.  I got up, got dressed, N got ready and we were out of the door and to school in record time.  That is when it all went downhill.  I pulled up to daycare and instead of leaving my car running like I normally do, I turned it off, but left the key in the ignition, got Nicholas out and walked in.  The kicker to this story is that I didn't touch the key fob, Obviously didn't lock the door before getting Nicholas out, but SOMEHOW mysteriously, my car locked while I was in daycare!  I came out excited that I was going to be almost 45 minutes early for work and my car was locked.  I tried all 5 doors, all locked!  I checked my pocket just to make sure I didn't have my keys.  Nothing.  No keys, phone, NOTHING!  I went back in and called AAA for a locksmith.  Finally about an hour later I was back in my car, but already late to work on my 1st day back from my days off.

Needless to say my day was rather stressful.  It just kept getting crazier and I was desperate for 5:00!  Then, this afternoon I ended up stayed a few minutes late working on some things that needed to get caught up from last week and by the time I got to daycare it was almost 5:30.  It took us almost an hour to get home and it was raining so hard I could barely see.  Because it was so late and we still had to eat dinner, I'm now missing an open house at my friend's new business that I had hoped to attend.  I was almost in tears by the time I had been driving 45 minutes.  However, I started thinking when I passed a wreck on the interstate that had tied up traffic...what if I had not been late this morning, left on time, and that had been us in a wreck on the way home.  Just because things don't go the way we intended doesn't mean that it wasn't THE plan to keep us safe or away from harm.

I am just happy to be safe, dry, waiting on dinner to cook, cuddled up on the couch with my sweet little cuties (Nicholas is on one side and Spencer on the other)!  We are just going to have a nice rainy night in tonight.