Sunday, July 15, 2012

Meal Planning For The Week

I have been super slacking on my premade dinners, but due to some changes in Michael's schedule, I've got to get back on it.  It's hard finding time with N running around in full toddler mode, but I can usually get 2-3 hours of naptime out of him on Sunday afternoons.  This week I am making chicken spaghetti and meatloaf minis (made in a muffin tin).  We will be having leftovers one night and easy black bean quesadillas another.  Also to note for those of you looking for toddler ideas, Nicholas eats all of this well along with applesauce or yogurt with every meal and he also drinks milk with meals.


Here is our schedule this week:
Sunday: Michael smoked BBQ for a cookout with friends
Monday: BBQ sandwiches and chips
Tuesday: Chicken Spaghetti
Wednesday: Meatloaf Minis, Mashed Potatoes, and Crockpot Pinto Beans
Thursday: Black Bean Quesadillas
Friday: Pizza Night (N's favorite!)


Chicken Spaghetti (I've posted this before, but it has been awhile, so I'm reposting some good ones)
3 chicken breast, cooked and shredded
8oz cooked spaghetti (drained)
1-10oz cream of chicken soup
1-10oz Rotel
8oz Cheddar Cheese


Cook chicken, spaghetti, set to the side.  In a medium saucepan, mix cream of chicken, rotel, and cheese (slowly add cheese while stirring).  Heat until mixed well and melted together.  Add chicken and mix well.  I use a foil casserole dish and pour my spaghetti in and cover with sauce.  Cover well with foil and freeze (I've frozen for over a month before and it was fine).


To cook: thaw completely.  Cook on 350 for 30 minutes or until heated throughout.  Serve with bread and salad.  Sorry, no picture.  I thought I had one on my computer, but I can't find it.


Meatloaf  (this will make about 24 muffins or 2 loaf pans, I always half it if it is just for us)

3 pounds ground beef
1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
3-1/2 cups milk
1 cup minced onion
2 eggs
2 tablespoons salt
2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
1/4 tsp ground pepper
Combine all ingredients and pour into a greased muffin tin.  Cover with foil and freeze for up to three months. (I didn't make quite enough for 12 this time, oops)
To Cook: Thaw completely.  Cook on 350 for 20 minutes or until muffins are brown.


Hope this helps some of you who were wanting some new freezer meal ideas!  I'll have more next week!