Sunday, September 4, 2011

Football Time In Tennessee...Well, Technically In Georgia

Today Kelly's post was titled "It's The Most Wonderful Time Of The Year". Can I get an AMEN on that?!  Many of you know, but I grew up in a household that FOOTBALL was the 4th most important thing behind, God, Family, and School.  My dad is a high school football coach and I have actually found myself on many occasions explaining the game and rules to my husband and his friends! Ha!  With that being said, I LOVE me some FOOTBALL and yesterday was the 1st day of college football!!!

Friday was wear your team colors day at school, so Nicholas and I both sported our UT wear!  How cute is my little UT fan?
 Yesterday I knew he would get dirty before the game at 6pm, so I dressed him for football in general.  He was so busy, I never got a good picture, but as you can tell, we have quite an active little man on our hands!
 He played so hard outside we had to have a bath and wardrobe change before the game started! Ha!  I found this adorable UT onesie at the Jack and Jill sale yesterday morning.  It was so cute and perfect for the 1st game!  Since he wears his UT shirts to school on Fridays, I try to find them at the consignment sales rather than good, expensive ones.  We save those for Saturdays or when we are having a UT party.
Michael's dad was at our house for the weekend and to watch the game.  We always subscribe to the college football package on DirectTV, so not only do we get to see all of the UT games (even those not broadcast in GA), but also some of my alma mater games!  UT-Chattanooga is a small school, so they are rarely on TV in GA!  We decided to have a day of snacking and watching games.  I made my refried bean dip and Michael made wings.
Refried Bean Dip
2 cans refried beans (I use the no fat beans)
1 pkg taco seasoning
1 8oz sour cream
2 cups cheddar cheese
1 tomato, chopped
1 can sliced black olives
Mix the beans and taco seasoning and pour into serving bowl.  Layer with sour cream, cheese, and toppings.  I have also added guac, salsa, and lettuce before, but this is all I had handy this time.  It takes about 10 mins to make and is always a hit!

Michael's famous wings
3 pounds of frozen chicken wings
garlic salt
chili powder
fresh ground salt and pepper
olive oil
Before placing on the grill, soak the wings in water for about 30 mins-1 hr.  Place on a platter and cover in olive oil.  Sprinkle the rest of the ingredients over the wings and cook on the grill or smoker until cooked throughout.  They are really good!
What do you mean I can't eat wings???
Sadly there was a rain/lightning delay at the game, so it didn't start until 7:40, so Nicholas had to go to bed before game time, but he is already looking forward to cheering them on next week!!!