On Friday, July 1, we celebrated Nicholas' FIRST birthday! I cannot believe my little buddy is already a year old! Where has the year gone?! We had a great day. I took off from work and we started the day with waffles then a trip to see Dr. Spraggins. He did great there and she was very happy to see him for a "happy visit" not a sick one! She was also excited that it had been almost three months since we were there last! HUGE for us considering we were there four time in one week in February! Our big boy is now 21 pounds and 8 ounce and 30.5 inches long! He had lost 8 ounces from the time we saw the GI dr 2 weeks ago, but she said that is normal at his age to lose a little here and there. He got three shots and did great! He has always been good about getting shots and barely even cried!
We came home and both of us took a long nap, then for dinner I cooked his favorite foods: chicken tenders, car shaped mac and cheese, and mashed potatoes!
For dessert he had leftover birthday cake and milk. Yum!
All and all it was a great day! I love being at home with him, but it just isn't possible. So glad I am able to take off when I want to have a day as a Mommy! Our next day together will be a week at the beach in a few weeks! We are getting excited about that!
I have bought him a couple of "big boy pjs" for his birthday and we tried them out for the first time that night. SO CUTE!
So Nicholas, what are you up to these days?
- You are moving up to the snails class at school and so far so good. It is a BIG change from the baby room. He now eats at the table in a chair and actually naps on a mat! Last week he transitioned and did well. This will be a big week for us as we transition to being a snail full time.
- You are in 9-12 month clothes depending on the brand. You are still in size 3 diapers because you are so tall and skinny.
- You still LOVE foods of every kind! I haven't really found anything you won't eat!
- You are starting to nap a LITTLE better. You are taking a good nap in the afternoon which is really helping Mommy on the weekends. You still sleep from about 8:00 at night until we wake up around 7 in the morning. On the weekends you sleep from 7:30-8 at night to 8:00 am.
- You are starting to walk more and more every day. You started really walking around on your birthday Friday. You will take 5-10 steps then fall, but doing better every day.
- You LOVE the pool. You and Daddy have had a lot of fun swimming this weekend
We are very, very blessed to have you and love you very much!