Monday, April 11, 2011

My Next Thirty Years

Yesterday I moved into a new decade...30!  Michael and I have birthdays 3 days apart so we decided to have a party Saturday night for our friends to share in our birthdays with us.  It was so fun to spend some time with our closet friends and we even let Nicholas hang out for awhile before we called his Gigi to come get him!
(that picture makes me laugh because we were both dressed nice, but SOMEONE spit up all over Michael! Haha!)
 I'm sure you were wondering if we had our own cake, well of course we did! I LOVED our cake!  Becky did another great job for us!
 We wanted something that represented both of us, so we had a tier with chocolate cake and pink zebra print and a white cake with bright blue for Michael!  It was such a fun cake!!!
 Yesterday was a fabulous day!  Nicholas and I took a nap together and then we went outside and played, and played, and played in the water table!  He LOVES this thing and I loved spending my birthday with my wish come true from so many past birthdays!
 I always said my kid would NOT play outside in just a diaper, but sometimes it just has to happen!  He got so soaked that I could wring his outfit out! Haha!

 Last night my parents had our family over for dinner to celebrate both of our birthdays.  Nicholas had fun getting a LOT of attention (of course!).  I love this picture of him and my Nana.
 He helped me open my gift.  He is just so helpful! :-)
 My cousins got me a frame that had all of Nicholas's monthly pictures in it!  I LOVE IT!  It will be perfect for his birthday party!!!
 He played with the paper for a while!  He loves anything he can tear up!  Such a boy!
 Me and my sweet boy!  I am so thankful that I finally had a baby to spend my birthday with.  It was definitely the best one yet!!! (even if I am 30 now! Ha!)
 My aunt made my favorite cake for dessert, my Nana's recipe German chocolate cake! YUM!!!
 After dinner we gave the wildchild a bath in Gigi's big bathtub!  I'm afraid we may have started something!  He loved it!
It was by far the best birthday I've ever had.  I've spent the past few sad that I didn't have a baby yet and this year was so much better because of my sweet boy!  I spent some time while I was lying down with him thinking about those sad birthdays and I thought about those of you still waiting.  I pray that you will be blessed soon!  I know your pain and your desperation and I pray for you daily.  

The Lord has blessed me so much in the past year and I am so thankful for a wonderful year, and well, quite frankly a wonderful thirty years.  I can't wait for the next thirty!  The past thirty have been filled with both many happy and many sad times, and I am thankful for all of them.  Each of those experiences have made me who I am.  I said a lot this weekend that it seems like I JUST turned 21, now I'm 30!  I also remember when the song, "My Next 30 Years" came out and how far off that birthday seemed.  Oh well, here it is!  I'm hoping these next thirty are even better than the last thirty! :-)