Saturday, April 30, 2011

God of This City

And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you. 1 Peter 5:10
First, thank you for the many tweets, FB messages, comments, and emails the past few days.  Things are starting to sink in that this actually happened so close to our house.  However, it is hard to believe that we cannot just run down the street and pick up some baby food or run through the Taco Bell.  It is still so surreal.  I saw this video on FB last night and it is so true.  God had His hand on us Wednesday night and again, He has a plan for us and our small town.  I think this song says it all.
The Lord has blessed my family and so many others that were in the path of this tornado, but somehow managed to come out unharmed.  Please continue to pray for those that were not so fortunate.  There are so many that are heartbroken and lost in a new world to them.  I have suffered the loss of a home and it is a life changing moment.  I cannot imagine what it would be like to lose both my home, most of my town, and family all at once.  Please keep our town in your thoughts and prayers.  We need all that we can get.  We may not have lost as much as those in Alabama (I am also keeping them in my prayers, I cannot imagine how it must feel to have that much devastation), but we are a very small town of less than 3,000 people and the loss of 8 and many, many buildings is devastating.