Friday, April 1, 2011

Easter Shopping

For the past couple of years I've had an exact idea of what I wanted my baby to wear for his (or her) first Easter.  I knew for a boy I wanted something bright, a shortall with knee socks and white shoes, and smocked.  HAD to be smocked!  I saw tons of cute things online and even at the mall.  Last year I posted this post of my ideas for this year.  Well, fast forward a year.  There was almost NO bright colored smocked shortalls without an Easter smocking ANYWHERE!  Strasburg only had an aqua color (which I didn't care for), I couldn't find anything online I liked, I was starting to think I wasn't going to find the exact thing I wanted.  Then, I ran across this ADORABLE thing on bestdressedchild.com...


 I LOVE IT!!!!  It is pretty much EXACTLY what I wanted!  I think the bright colors will look fabulous on my little cutie!  I came home from work to find it on my front porch and I am in love!!! I can't wait to try it on him tomorrow!!! However, I am afraid it is a bit big based on the size chart, so I may have to get creative.

Of course, with the perfect outfit comes the perfect basket for the Easter Bunny to leave our goods in.  I decided to go for something that would last for a few years, so I got the small chestnut basket and liner from Pottery Barn Kids.

I am so happy with the way it turned out too!  It will be great to grow with him for a few years, then we can upgrade to the larger basket and liner.  

I am going to start the search for a dress for me tomorrow.  My mom and I are hoping to go shopping tomorrow afternoon, so maybe I can start looking then.  I think I want something in the blue family.  I've never been a big fan of blue, but I thought it would look good with Nicholas's outfit and Michael's navy suit, white shirt, and blue and lime green tie.  I saw this in the Belk sale paper today and thought it was pretty cute.

Have you started thinking about your Easter attire?  Any suggestions for me?  I need ideas on where to look other than the mall or Ann Taylor Loft.

(Come back tomorrow for a post on Nicholas's 9 month birthday!  We are having cake tomorrow, so I'll post about it then!)