Thursday, October 15, 2009

National Pregnancy & Infant Loss Remembrance Day

Today is a special and important day to me. It is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Remembrance Day. It is so important to me that there be more awareness about the prevalence of miscarriage, even early, undetected miscarriages. I will be honest, it is the hardest thing I've ever had to go through and without the support of my friends and family I never could have made it. It has also opened up the opportunity for so many in my lives to tell me their own experiences. It was unbelievable to me how many people I know that have had similar stories, and some that were much, much worse.

I have had two miscarriages, one in July 2008 and one in January 2009. The second was during a very hard time for us. Our fire was just a month before and the three months that followed our fire were the lowest three months of my life. I gained almost 40 pounds from July 2008 to April 2009. I was so deep in depression that the only thing I knew to do was to eat. I feel myself sinking back to that low point as we get close to the two year TTC mark in November. I NEVER EVER would have believed that today I would be sitting her writing this post and feeling what I feel. I pray, again this year, that next year I have a healthy baby when I write this post.

Today is a day that I pray for all of you out there that have had a loss. I pray that you have comfort and peace and that everything will work out for you soon. So, tonight at 7:00 pm, please light a candle in remembrance of those babies who are not with us today. Also, please say a prayer for those of us who have lost a baby and those of us who are still trying to have a baby.

3 comments:

Anna said...

(((hugs)))

Thinking of you and counting you as a blessing. :)

Lauren said...

This was a beautifully written post, and I know there were many prayers going your way yesterday!!!

Becky &Brandon said...

I follow your blog and love reading your beautiful posts. I know that soon enough you will be blessed with a healthy baby. I read your blog everyday hoping that today is the day for you! I know it will happen soon.