Monday, September 7, 2009

LONG Weekend Wrapup

Hope you've had a good LONG weekend. We have, overall anyway.

Saturday I got up and decided it was time...time to pull out the UT flag and the fall wreath!

I also got my roots done (which I was in desperate need for!) and then went to the mall where I FINALLY found the perfect dress for our 10 year reunions coming up in the next month (his is the 19th, mine the 26th.). I can't get it to save, but here is the link. I am LOVING this dress!

We also got some sad news Saturday afternoon. A good friend of Michael's from high school died early Saturday morning. We still don't have a lot of details, but the more I've heard about him, the more I've felt for his wife. Apparently they've been married since they graduated high school and have recently dealt with infertility and a miscarriage just this summer. After all I've been through, I cannot imagine how she must feel. All she has is gone. Please remember her over the next few days and months. I will be joining Michael after work tomorrow to go to the funeral home. It has been a sad few days for Michael.

Saturday night we had our neighbors and friends, the Mountjoys over for dinner and football! It was so fun! We had hot wings, bean dip, salsa, and party sandwiches. YUM! We all celebrated the fact that UT actually WON a game for once and won BIG!!!!!! They are going to the game this weekend and I am sooooo jealous!!!! I really wish I could see them play UCLA!

Sunday I slept in and when I woke up, I found Spencer in the bed and Michael had taken this picture...
Looks like little Addi Mountjoy wore Spencer out! She is 2 and had a TON of fun playing with him Saturday night! He was so tired he didn't even go outside until 5pm! We did everything to get him off the couch and he wasn't having it! Ha! He was lazy like his mommy. We took a LONG nap and didn't get ready until 7:00 when we decided to get dressed and go downtown for sushi at Sekisui. It was very tasty!!!

Today we just hung out with the Mountjoys again at the pool and tried to get ready for another week at work. I hate we never made it to the lake this weekend, but yesterday it was rainy and today Michael mowed the yard and we had a end of the pool season party at the community pool and just hung out close to home. Hopefully we'll make it back to the lake at least once more this year.

On another note, I got confirmation Saturday that my clomid didn't work. I will start femara on Wednesday. Please pray that this is the cycle for us. I am a little stressed about it though because my CD 14 US will be next Friday and I am supposed to be on jury duty some next week. I pray it will not cause me to miss my US. I've come too far to not get my US on time!!! Also, I think I have an abscessed tooth. :-( I've had some problems with a tooth since January, but this weekend it has gotten to the point where I can't even chew on the right. I guess I'll have to call that office tomorrow too. Looks like I'll be in and out of Drs offices over the next week!

Hope everyone has a great week!

6 comments:

Angela said...

Nice wreath!!!!! I need to wire my garland to the wreath and hang it up! Maybe I can do that tomorrow while Andrew is in preschool...if I don't sleep the whole time!

So sorry about your Clomid. :(
I've only had jury duty once (loved it, actually!), and I only had to serve Mon-Wed (even though it was supposed to be all week). Hopefully that will happen to you!

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a nice weekend!

I'll be praying for you to have a week full of successful doctors visits and good news all around!

Lauren said...

That pic of you and Spencer is adorable.

You have GOT to get out of jury duty!!

Lauren said...

Sounds like a wonderful weekend!!

I pray you get out of jury duty, and that tooth sounds painful :(

Ashley said...

Where did you get your wreath?

Anonymous said...

I love the wreath! So pretty! Happy Fall! Ginger