Monday, July 27, 2009

Shrubs, River, and a New Recipe!

This weekend Michael's dad and his wife Joy came down from Knoxville to help us with our shrub bed. I am a bad blogger and I didn't get pics of the "before" because my neighbors were outside, I thought they would think I was crazy! Ha! Anyway, the shrubs and plants were out of control, so we trimmed everything WAY back and planted some new flowers and here are the results. It looks fabulous!!!!

We also went on the river through downtown Chattanooga and the TN River Gorge. It is a beautiful, scenic ride through about 30 miles of river that runs between three different mountains. Very pretty! Here are some pics I took of downtown Chattanooga.

The three most well known bridges in our city.

The TN Aquarium and Ross' landing

It isn't the best picture, but the big brick building in the background is all the hospital where I work. I work in the tall building to the left.

Tonight we had a fabulous new dinner. It will eventually make it to the recipe blog, but for right now, here is a sneak peak! I put two chicken breasts in the crock pot with a can of sliced pineapple (with the juice) and covered the chicken with teriyaki sauce. Cooked for 8 hours on high. When I got home I sauteed three bell peppers, red onion, and mushrooms in teriyaki. Placed over a bed of rice. VERY TASTY!

6 comments:

Beth said...

Your landscaping looks great! Your house is beautiful too. You got some good pics of downtown. We live in a great city, huh?

Anonymous said...

Your flower beds look beautiful! And so does your house...I LOVE rock!

Anna said...

Love the flower beds. My yard needs some SERIOUS TLC!!! It might just have to wait until next year though. Don't have the time or money right now. I can't believe school starts back next week. UGH.

Molly said...

Love your flowerbeds-- wanna come do mine?!?

Lauren said...

Your yard looks great and that food looks soooo delish!!! :)

Lianna Knight said...

LOVE the flowerbeds...very pretty!!!