Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Random Wednesday

Just wanted to share a few quick random thoughts with you for today...

We wanted to try something a little different for dinner tonight, so Michael is picking up a spicy enchilada casserole from CasaRolls. It is one of those places that prepares meals and all you have to do is cook them! I'm excited to see how it is since the store just opened up right next to Michael's dealership. If it is tasty, I'm sure we'll be back soon!

UPDATE: Dinner was super yum! We WILL be getting more meals there soon!


I want to welcome my good friend, fellow IF, and sorority sister, Chea to blogging!!! We are both from Chattanooga, although she moved to Texas after college. I wish she were closer, it would be great to have someone close by that is going through the same things! Please swing by her blog and leave her a welcome comment! :-)

Thanks to everyone who emailed or left me a comment with dinner ideas! It has been a really busy week and I haven't got around to thanking you yet, but I love hearing from you and everyone had GREAT ideas!

Lastly, I wanted to leave you with my new favorite inspirational song. I didn't like it at first because I thought it was cheesy, but after listening to it more, it says exactly what I need to hear...
I can almost see it
That dream I am dreaming
But there's a voice inside my head saying
"You'll never reach it"

Every step I'm taking
Every move I make feels
Lost with no direction
My faith is shaking

But I gotta keep trying
Gotta keep my head held high

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb

The struggles I'm facing
The chances I'm taking
Sometimes might knock me down
But no, I'm not breaking

I may not know it
But these are the moments that
I'm gonna remember most, yeah
Just gotta keep going

And I, I got to be strong
Just keep pushing on

'Cause there's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be a uphill battle
Sometimes I'm gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

There's always gonna be another mountain
I'm always gonna wanna make it move
Always gonna be an uphill battle
Somebody's gonna have to lose

Ain't about how fast I get there
Ain't about what's waiting on the other side
It's the climb, yeah!

Keep on moving, keep climbing
Keep the faith, baby
It's all about, it's all about the climb
Keep the faith, keep your faith, whoa


5 comments:

Beth said...

I can't wait to hear how the dinner turned out. I really like that song too. I'm on my way to say howdy to your friend! Have a great rest of your week!

Steph said...

I love that song. Its one of my favorites!

Anna said...

I'm embarrassed to say I love that song. :) haha! My kiddos love it, so I CANNOT admit that I like it at work. It'll just be our little secret. lol

Lauren said...

Glad dinner was a success and I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that song!!!! :O)

rae said...

I admit that I cried the first time I heard that song. I too am going through infertility, and it really hit home. THEN I heard it was a Miley Cyrus song and I couldn't believe it! But at least my niece thinks I'm cool because I like a Miley Cyrus song. (She is 3!) Love your blog!