Thursday, December 18, 2008

Thankful Thursday

Let me start this off by saying that I don't even know where to start. I have so much to be thankful for this week, it is overwhelming (and all of you that cried over my Thanksgiving post, pull out the Kleenex's now)!

First, I am beyond thankful, blessed, and fortunate, that I did not lose everything I own last Wednesday morning. I am beyond thankful, blessed, and fortunate that my husband and my dog are safe. Although I would not have left that house without them! I know God was there with us and looking out for us. I don't have a doubt in this world that is the case. Our house may not be livable, but it is still there and will be repaired in no time (in the grand scheme of things).

Second, I am so thankful for my parents. They were there not long after the fire department got there and then opened their home to us so that we didn't have to live in a hotel (especially since the only hotels that let you bring dogs around here are ghetto crack house hotels!). I could not imagine my Christmas in a hotel. The thought was worse to me than the fact we didn't have a home.

Third, I am thankful to all of my many, many friends, family, and coworkers that have sent prayers, thoughts, calls, emails, texts, and even more prayers our way. Words cannot express how much it means to us.

Next I am thankful for the Catoosa County fire dept. They went over and above what was required of them. Our stuff is safe because they came in and moved it and covered it to get it out of the way. They were there in eight minutes from the time we called. I really don't think I could ask for anything more!

And Last, but definitely most importantly, I am Thankful, Grateful, and any and all adjectives to describe how I feel, to God. Yes, we may have had the worst year we've ever had, but he has also blessed beyond words. We do STILL have a home (just can't live in it at the moment), great jobs that more than provide what we need to live, wonderful family and friends, and the fact that we are still here to appreciate it. This Christmas may not be my ideal Christmas, but we are just so happy to be here, it will be the best one yet!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

I think of you daily. Hope things work out soon!

Lianna Knight said...

I am SO proud of you and your post. You are such a strong woman and I hope that one day I will be just as positive as you are. May God bless you even MORE this holiday season :)