Monday, December 29, 2008

House Update

Sorry it has been so long since I've given a house update, but there has been absolutely NOTHING to report in. They did get all of our furniture (except our bedroom, because it is safe) out and put in storage and they have cleaned up a lot. Today the electrician, heat/air guy, and the builder all came to do their walk through and estimates. I am anxiously awaiting those results. When I was at the house yesterday I took some new pictures that showed the damage a little clearer (the sun was out and the mess was cleaned out).




The damage in the guest room where the electrical current made it's exit. We did not realize the room was on fire until after it was over.

A light switch on the other side of that room from the window. All the outlets were blow out in this room.




Our kitchen and dining room

Living room from foyer

Foyer

A small section of the burnt are in the attic to the left of the lightening hole

5 comments:

Lianna Knight said...

Praying for you.....I know you'll be in that new renovated house soon!

Megan L Hutchings said...

I just got through reading all of your holiday posts and it sounds like you had a fantastic Christmas ;)! Your hubby is so sweet and sneaky to give you a gift like that.

I hope that you were able to cross everything off of your list and you are enjoying some much needed downtime. I can't wait to see you again ;)!

Kara said...

Looking at that damage it is clear that "someone" was looking out for you guys that night. I know it's hard to see now but it is such a blessing that the only damage done was to your house! I can't wait to see how beautiful it is when it's all fixed! Keeping you in my prayers!!

Meagan said...

I am just so glad y'all are okay! What a crazy thing to happen - and who knew it could cause so much damage!!

Lauren said...

Insane. That's the only word I can think of. Those pictures really show the damage. It's amazing to me that y'all woke up right when you did and THAT YOU DIDN'T CRY.